Membership at a synagogue is not like membership at a country club. It is not goods for services. We join a synagogue because we believe in supporting Jewish institutions. We join a synagogue because we care about the future of Judaism in our community. Kahal Joseph understands that you may not come to the synagogue much during the course of the year. It is during such years that your membership truly supports the institution. However, there will come a time when you need the synagogue. Perhaps not this year, but the next. Kahal Joseph will be there for you. We hope and pray that we can provide the same support for you in your time of need.
How can I afford the cost of membership?
Synagogue dues are used to keep the institution running on a daily basis. Without the dues, we could not keep our doors open. However, we understand that not everyone can so easily afford membership at the synagogue and as a result we operate on a sliding scale membership rate.
If the sliding scale membership rate still places you in a difficult financial position, we welcome you to contact the VP for Finance of the synagogue to have an exceedingly private conversation about dues reduction.
- Family – At Kahal Joseph, you can be yourself. We cherish our relationships with one another across generational lines and find wisdom, support, care, and love as we enjoy the richness of Judaism together.
- Acceptance – You are now part of caring community that welcomes people of all ages, orientation, and cultural backgrounds.
- Spirituality – Uplifting stories, teachings, inspirational messages, and special focus on gratitude at worship.
- Support – You have a comforting place to say Kaddish on behalf of loved ones, support in times of loss, and access to our caring clergy for good times and for times of challenge.
- Volunteer – Get involved with making a difference through our social activities, help with our creative programming, welcome new comers, and help our community to evolve.
- Lifecycles – We will be with you celebrating in happy times and supporting in challenging times.
- Insightful – Our programming and adult learning sessions are meant to enhance your knowledge and the quality of your life.
- Purpose – Be part of a people and community that spans generations and links us back through history. Feel a connection with God, ancient teachings, and be part of the greater community
- Perpetual Memory – There are very few places that memorialize in perpetuity your loved ones. So long as the synagogue stands, your loved ones are remembered. You give them the gift of eternal life.
- Talmud Torah – We have an engaging curriculum and teachers committed to inspire strong Jewish identities for kids from 5 to Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
Furthermore with your membership you can:
- Attend social events
- Pay member rates on adult education activities, and special events
- Get ticket(s) to High Holy Days’ services at no cost